We’ve always loved the Holiday Turkey Sandwich but this year the Earl of Sandwich is stepping up their game.
They have added a Holiday Ham Sandwich, Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes, and Peppermint Brownies. YUMMMMMM!!!! I may have to make a stop at Downton Disney this week to enjoy the new menu additions.
Don’t delay though, these holiday delights are only available for a limited time.
A Chalk Art Festival is happening October 4-6, 2013 at both Downtown Disneys (Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort) as part of the Limited Time Magic promotion. Artists will turn the concrete sidewalks of Downtown Disney into vibrant, three-dimensional works of art. (Let’s hope it doesn’t rain!!)
Pictured: Chalk artist Lori Hughes, from Galloway, Ohio, during the 2012 Festival of the Masters at Downtown Disney. (Kent Phillips, photographer)
If you can’t make the Limited Time Magic Downtown Disney Chalk Art Festival this week, be sure to plan to go to the annual Festival of the Masters art show, held November 8-10 at Downtown Disney, at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista because there is Sidewalk chalk art then also.
If you want to dine at a Disneyland table service restaurant you need to pick up your phone and actually speak to someone or send an email. How 2008!!!! But that is all about to change. Starting October 3rd, Disneyland table service restaurants will be making dining reservations online!!! The new Disneyland online dining reservation system will be just like the system for Walt Disney World. Just go to Disneyland.com to make your table service dining reservations.
Similarly to Walt Disney World, Disneyland will be cracking down on people who make dining reservations but are “no shows” by requiring a credit card when making certain reservations. If you miss those reservations without a 24 hour notice, your credit card will be charged up to $10/person.
This is a nice change for Disneyland guests. Bravo, Disneyland!!
Just in time for Friday the 13th and Halloween, a new Haunted Mansion inspired Dooney & Bourke bag is being introduced!!!
It looks just like the wallpaper in the attraction, doesn’t it? Currently, there are no plans for other styles in this pattern. (Which I think is a mistake but they didn’t ask me.) It is not considered a limited edition but there will be limited quantities available in the first order. And there really is no guarantee there will be a second order.
The bag will have a retail of $330.00 (plus tax), and will be released at the following merchandise locations starting September 13, 2013.
Walt Disney World Resort:
- Tren-D and the World of Disney Store in the Downtown Disney Marketplace
- Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom Park
- MouseGear at Epcot
- Keystone Clothiers at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Summer Lace at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney Vault 28 and World of Disney Store in the Downtown Disney District
- Disney Clothiers at Disneyland park
- Elias & Co. at Disney California Adventure park
The Disney Parks online store will also carry this bag later this fall.
If you won’t be in the Parks around the 13th and are afraid these special bags will sell out, send Jen at Shop The Magic an email so they can get one for you.
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Sword in the Stone, which is now available for the first time on Blu-ray Combo Pack, Disneyland passholders can view the movie thanks to a Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic event. It is only for Friday, August 30, 2013 so start your Labor Day weekend a little early and take the day off so you won’t miss the fun.
Here are all the details:
Dates and Times
- Friday, August 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM
- Friday, August 30, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Movie screening is approximately 80 minutes.
Film Screening Location
- Opera House (home to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln) on Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland Park
Event Registration and Wristband Distribution
- Registration and wristband distribution for the event will begin at 12:00 PM on the day of the event at the Main Street, U.S.A. Opera House (home to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln) in Disneyland Park
- All participating Annual Passholders must present their active Annual Passport to the event Cast Member to check event availability and to register and receive an event wristband. Photo ID may be required.
- Registration must be completed in person at the Main Street, U.S.A. Opera House on the day of the event only; no phone reservations or other registration will be accepted.
- This is an all-ages event. However, all participating Guests ages 3 and older must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of the event. Children under 3 may attend the movie screening as long as there is space available and they receive an event wristband during the registration process.
- It is recommended that all members of your party register together to help ensure that everyone receives an event wristband.
- For assistance, you may contact the Annual Passport Member Services team at (714) 781-PASS (7277). .
- Once an Annual Passholder has presented a valid Annual Passport and event availability has been confirmed, the Annual Passholder will be registered for one (1) screening time on the event day and will receive an event wristband for that designated screening.
- Event wristbands are required for admission to the designated event. Wristbands are only valid for the assigned screening time on the event day.
- Registration and distribution of event wristbands are based on availability.
- Due to limited capacity in the theater, wristbands do not guarantee seating and seating will be based on availability.
- Wristbands may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes and have no cash value.
- Valid theme park admission is required.
- The Main Street, U.S.A. Opera House will open 15 minutes prior to the screening start time for registered Annual Passholders with valid event wristbands.
- The theater will remain open until the screening time or until the theater has reached capacity, whichever occurs first.
- Late arrivals after the start of the screening will not be accommodated.
- Information and event elements are subject to capacity, scheduled park events, change or cancellation without notice and other restrictions.
Parking will be available at any Disneyland Resort theme park parking facility. Parking lot trams will operate until their normally scheduled times. Standard parking fees apply.