In honor of Veterans Day, there will be an enhanced Flag Retreat Ceremony for the Limited Time Magic promotion at the Magic Kingdom this week (November 11th – 15th).
You’ll be able to enjoy the patriotic music of the Main Street Philharmonic and the Voices of Liberty, as well as honor a deserving armed forces service member or veteran.
If you aren’t familiar with the Flag Retreat Ceremony you are missing a very moving event that occurs daily. During the day, a member of the armed forces or a veteran is selected and at 5:00 p.m. he or she assists WDW Security with the lowering of the American Flag in Town Square at the Magic Kingdom. For participating the individuals receives a certificate, a photo taken at the event, and a pin. There is music and pomp and circumstance and everything that makes a patriotic heart swell with pride.
Here is a random video of the Flag Retreat Ceremony from youtube.com:
If you are in the Magic Kingdom, you won’t be sorry that you took time out of your day to see the Flag Retreat Ceremony. It is one of the reasons the Magic Kingdom remains so special.
A Chalk Art Festival is happening October 4-6, 2013 at both Downtown Disneys (Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort) as part of the Limited Time Magic promotion. Artists will turn the concrete sidewalks of Downtown Disney into vibrant, three-dimensional works of art. (Let’s hope it doesn’t rain!!)
Pictured: Chalk artist Lori Hughes, from Galloway, Ohio, during the 2012 Festival of the Masters at Downtown Disney. (Kent Phillips, photographer)
If you can’t make the Limited Time Magic Downtown Disney Chalk Art Festival this week, be sure to plan to go to the annual Festival of the Masters art show, held November 8-10 at Downtown Disney, at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista because there is Sidewalk chalk art then also.
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Sword in the Stone, which is now available for the first time on Blu-ray Combo Pack, Disneyland passholders can view the movie thanks to a Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic event. It is only for Friday, August 30, 2013 so start your Labor Day weekend a little early and take the day off so you won’t miss the fun.
Here are all the details:
Dates and Times
- Friday, August 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM
- Friday, August 30, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Movie screening is approximately 80 minutes.
Film Screening Location
- Opera House (home to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln) on Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland Park
Event Registration and Wristband Distribution
- Registration and wristband distribution for the event will begin at 12:00 PM on the day of the event at the Main Street, U.S.A. Opera House (home to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln) in Disneyland Park
- All participating Annual Passholders must present their active Annual Passport to the event Cast Member to check event availability and to register and receive an event wristband. Photo ID may be required.
- Registration must be completed in person at the Main Street, U.S.A. Opera House on the day of the event only; no phone reservations or other registration will be accepted.
- This is an all-ages event. However, all participating Guests ages 3 and older must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of the event. Children under 3 may attend the movie screening as long as there is space available and they receive an event wristband during the registration process.
- It is recommended that all members of your party register together to help ensure that everyone receives an event wristband.
- For assistance, you may contact the Annual Passport Member Services team at (714) 781-PASS (7277). .
- Once an Annual Passholder has presented a valid Annual Passport and event availability has been confirmed, the Annual Passholder will be registered for one (1) screening time on the event day and will receive an event wristband for that designated screening.
- Event wristbands are required for admission to the designated event. Wristbands are only valid for the assigned screening time on the event day.
- Registration and distribution of event wristbands are based on availability.
- Due to limited capacity in the theater, wristbands do not guarantee seating and seating will be based on availability.
- Wristbands may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes and have no cash value.
- Valid theme park admission is required.
- The Main Street, U.S.A. Opera House will open 15 minutes prior to the screening start time for registered Annual Passholders with valid event wristbands.
- The theater will remain open until the screening time or until the theater has reached capacity, whichever occurs first.
- Late arrivals after the start of the screening will not be accommodated.
- Information and event elements are subject to capacity, scheduled park events, change or cancellation without notice and other restrictions.
Parking will be available at any Disneyland Resort theme park parking facility. Parking lot trams will operate until their normally scheduled times. Standard parking fees apply.
Summer may be coming to a close but the fun doesn’t need to end!!!
Starting Monday at the Magic Kingdom, there will be a celebrations of man’s best friend at Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland at the Walt Disney World Resort. Dance along with Pluto, Bolt, Dug, and Stitch as DJ K-9 spins music at the block party. But don’t wait for the dog days of summer to be over before you celebrate because this “Limited Time Magic” is only available August 26 – September 2.
The West Coast isn’t left out of the fun either because starting Monday there will be a summer celebration at Paradise Pier at Disney California Adventure Park. The “Limited Time Magic” will include some favorite Disney characters ready to hang out at the beach and boardwalk-style variety acts. The End of the Summer Pier Party will only take place from August 26 – September 2. So don’t dilly dally! Get your sun screen and hit the Pier!
, Disneyland Resort
, Limited Time Magic
, Magic Kingdom
, Walt Disney World
/ Tags: Bolt
, Disney California Adventure
, Limited Time Magic
, Paradise Pier
, Rockettower Plaza Stage
, Walt Disney World
Anyone going to be at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this week and have a kid that just loves to sing? Then you are in luck!!!
This week’s Limited Time Magic is The American Idol Experience: Junior Edition. Guests ages 6 – 13 will have the opportunity to audition for The American Idol Experience attraction between August 12th – August 18th. If they are selected, they will perform in front of a live studio audience and the judges just like on the TV show.
Check out the complete list of songs below:
- “Ain’t Too Proud To Beg”
- “Best of Both Worlds”
- “Circle of Life”
- “The Climb”
- “Colors of the Wind”
- “Drops of Jupiter”
- “Go the Distance”
- “I Want You Back”
- “Life is a Highway”
- “Love Story”
- “One Thing”
- “Part of Your World”
- “Rock With You”
- “The Story of Us”
- “Stuck like Glue”
- “This is Me”
- “Walking on Sunshine”
- “You’ll Be in My Heart”
If your child is selected to perform, please share your video link with us. We would love to see a future pop star – before they were famous.